As part of our mission to identify and share the key trends in the video services and technology industry, Telco Transformation has drawn together some of the most knowledgeable and experienced minds in the video business to create the Video Transformation Advisory Board.
The creation of the board was announced in late April, followed by an invitation process that has taken place during the past two months. (See TT Launches Video Industry Advisory Board.)
The current board members come from some of the largest and most innovative operators in the world, as well as pioneering content creators such as the BBC and NBCUniversal. Taken together, they are responsible for products, technologies and services delivered to hundreds of millions of consumers around the world.
The rapid growth and increasing pervasiveness of video is a key issue for the telecom industry. The Big Video explosion is forcing significant transformation not only in network design, technology and capacity, but also forcing a complete re-think of the business practices for delivering video. Operators, vendors and even content owners are wrestling with a wide array of new applications and services, standards, device platforms and pricing and revenue models. (See Managing the Big Video Explosion.)
Our goal is to create a pool of knowledge that can help drive the industry forward through interaction, mutual understanding and sharing of experiences. The board will also help guide editorial content on Telco Transformation, and ensure that we address issues that are important priorities for the industry as a whole.
We also believe that the opportunities to connect and share ideas, particularly across diverse industry segments and regions, will facilitate the development of new technologies and business models for video distribution, thereby helping the industry as a whole.
Our board includes:
- David Butler, Senior R&D Engineer, BBC R&D
- Fernando Garcia Calvo, Head of Product & New Businesses, Global Video Unit, Telefónica
- Jamie Hindhaugh, COO, BT Sport
- Jongmin Lee, Broadband Technology Lab, Institute of Network Technology, SK Telecom
- Kunlong Li, Director, Carrier Video Service Department, Huawei
- Aditya Kishore, Practice Leader, Video Transformation, Telco Transformation
- Clara Mai Kunstmann, Head of OTT & VOD Solutions, TDC
- Randolph Nikutta, Leader New Media, T-Labs, Deutsche Telekom
- Yann Ruello, Head of TV & Entertainment Innovation, Orange
- Paul Rushforth, Director, Media Labs International, NBCUniversal
- Steve Saunders, CEO & Founder, Light Reading
- Matt Stagg, Head of Mobile Video & Content, EE (now BT)
- Mitchell Weinraub, Director Advanced Video Products, Dish Network
A great start, then, but this is only the beginning: Additional board members will be joining in the coming weeks and months.
The editorial team at Telco Transformation will work with these executives to facilitate interaction and discussion, run surveys on their current activities and priorities and bring their thoughts and ideas to you via interviews and blogs. In fact, some board members have already shared some of their valuable insights:
So do stay tuned for some exclusive and unique insight, cutting-edge analysis and innovative ideas from the Video Transformation Advisory Board.
— Aditya Kishore, Practice Leader, Video Transformation, Telco Transformation